The Sustainable Library Initiative’s Sustainable Libraries Certification Program (SLCP) provides library leaders with a tested, structured path forward to increase your library’s commitment to environmental stewardship, economic feasibility, and social equity.
As you progress through the SLCP you will:
- Create an organizational culture that asks the right questions about operational and outreach decisions
- Engage administration, staff, and board members/administration in a new way of thinking and collaborating
- Inspire your colleagues and community to join your efforts
- Reduce your greenhouse gases, energy intake, and waste output
- Help to futureproof your organization, our profession and your community.
Along the way we’re here to help! Membership means:
- One-on-one assistance from your mentor
- Monthly online support meetings to connect with your peers and the mentors
- Resources to expand your understanding of issues addressed through the program and enhance your ability to implement effective policies, procedures, and programs
- Exclusive access to sample policies, templates, and continuing education opportunities