How to get involved:
Check out our free online information, such as the Road Map App, News, and Resources. These are available to help you learn more about us and the important work we do. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay in the know and to help spread the word.
Membership in the Sustainable Library Initiative provides you or your library with access to our Member's Only Resources and free or reduced rates for our webinars. Membership is a great way to gain more knowledge about the roles libraries can play in providing leadership on sustainable practices in their communities.
When you are ready to formalize your commitment to the Triple Bottom Line, enrollment in the Sustainable Libraries Certification Program (SLCP) will provide you with a tested, structured path forward to increase your library’s commitment to environmental stewardship, economic feasibility, and social equity.
As you progress through the SLCP you will:
- Create an organizational culture that asks the right questions about operational and outreach decisions
- Engage administration, staff, and board members/administration in a new way of thinking and collaborating
- Inspire your colleagues and community to join your efforts
- Reduce your greenhouse gases, energy intake, and waste output
- Help to futureproof your organization, our profession and your community.
Along the way we’re here to help! Enrollment in the SLCP includes:
- One-on-one assistance from your mentor
- Monthly online support meetings to connect with your peers and the mentors
- Resources to expand your understanding of issues addressed through the program and enhance your ability to implement effective policies, procedures, and programs
- Exclusive access to sample policies, templates, and continuing education opportunities